Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Quote of the Day - September 14, 2010

I create attendance sheets for my students to sign in at the beginning of class each day. Typically, I update the sheets for each class every weekend, and then I make five copies for the coming week. At this time of year, students are switching classes so frequently that the attendance sheet I made on Friday afternoon does not necessarily reflect who is supposed to be in my class the next Tuesday.

Hairstyling Diva: Yo Miss, why isn't my name on the attendance sheet? I warned you yesterday...

Me: Hairstyling Diva, I told you already, you were just switched into my class. I promise, next week your name will be on there. Just write your name on the bottom for now.

Hairstyling Diva: No, Miss, that's hype.

Me: .....

Hairstyling Diva: LOOK, YOU WANNA TAKE THIS OUTSIDE? (looks incredibly huge and threatening, then breaks into a big smile.) Oh, Miss, we're so bff right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment