Monday, September 13, 2010

Highlights - September 13, 2010

It's Day 3! Wow! I'm so energized!

Some highlights:

  • I'm free 1st period. I was chilling out, enjoying the peace and solitude, when two girls timidly opened the door and said in unison, "Hey, Miss!" I didn't know the girls, but they knew exactly who I was. (That's what you get for being a second-year teacher. Woohoo!) They explained that, after two days of school, they hate their 1st period class. Could they hang out with me during first period? Flattered, I let them stay for a few minutes before I sent them on their way. Guess I'm the cool teacher now!
  • My kids were all delighted and weirded out by my energy. I told them life is too short to move slowly.
  • On that note, my kids in 6th period ganged up on me. One of them asked, "Miss, why you so happy all the time?" And from another student: "What's to be so happy about?" "Yeah, don't you know life sucks?" I'm going to have to work on them. They'll see it my way before long.
  • 9th period is my smallest class. Yet it is somehow my most talkative. Jabber jabber jabber will you please be quiet okay miss jabber jabber jabber. Why can I control 34 kids but not 8?

Overall, today was a really great day. Content-wise, we're doing dull scientific method stuff for now, so I'm very excited to get started on legit environmental and forensics coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment