Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Words of Wisdom from my Students

Adorable But Slightly Sketchy Student: Yo Miss, I didn't finish all my Do Nows from last week, but I'm gonna hand them in anyway, because I know it's better to hand in work on time.

Me: Absolutely! Thanks so much!

Sketch: Yo yo, do I get extra credit for that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My high school completely reshuffled due to State Test madness. As a result, my 4th period class was temporarily moved from the 3rd floor to the 2nd floor for about three weeks. Everything returns to normalcy (if you can call it that) on Tuesday.

Insecure About Other People Being As Smart As He Is: Miss, you told us we'd be on the 3rd floor today, and we're still on the 2nd floor. You lied. You're a liar.

Me: I'm pretty sure I told you we'd be here until Tuesday. Sorry for any confusion! But, hey, you made it here okay!

Insecure: Not anymore! (Leaves the room in a huff.)

Three minutes later...

Insecure (entering the classroom): Good morning, miss!

Me (surprised): Good morning!

Insecure: How are you doing today?... See, I'm making a fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment