Thursday, April 15, 2010

Highlights from the Ground

--Recently Reformed Nice Girl came to class with a positive attitude today. So positive, in fact, that she set a goal for herself to make it through the entire class without cursing, AND she succeeded. I was duly impressed.

--Makes Barnyard Animal Noises and Rooster interrupted my lesson on translation (in biology, the cellular process of making proteins) in order to start howling at the imaginary moon. Nobody in the class found this weird. Rooster then started cock-a-doodle-doo'ing. The rest of the students, being the arbiters of propriety that they are, found this completely inappropriate, and we (myself included) momentarily forgot about biology and lost ourselves in fits of giggles.

--In Environmental Science, we each computed our carbon footprint using an online climate change calculator. Several of my students were severely off-task. Approaching them in person was unsuccessful. However, when I admonished one of them via gchat, he immediately got to work. Go figure.

--Dreams of Becoming a Paramedic wore lens-less Harry Potter glasses today. When she took them off for a moment, I stole them from her and put them on my own face. My class had no problem paying attention to me after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment