Friday, April 16, 2010

Finally Friday

Me: A group of three nucleotides is called a codon. Wildly Inappropriate, what do we call a group of three nucleotides?

Wildly Inappropriate: A condom?

Other fun moments of the day:

-- Having my seniors work intently on their climate change mini-project as I blasted Phil Collins - at their request - over the speakers. (This was actually fun.)

-- Reviewing translation (the cellular process of making proteins) with my 10th graders, only to have them complain that I taught them this yesterday and they knew it already. Naturally, when I started questioning them about the topic (see above), they had a very tenuous understanding. (This was not actually fun).

-- Friday happy hour with my colleagues. (Fun doesn't even come close to describing it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment