Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Notes From a Monday

Not so manic... Attendance was fairly decent in the morning and in the afternoon. However, half my class was out for testing 2nd period, so I had a grand total of 7 kids (out of 15). Fourth period was even worse -- 9 kids showed up, out of 24.

Some of my favorite moments:
-- Upon learning that we were starting our ecology unit, one of my students proclaimed, "Oh, I think that's the part I like!"
-- Insecure About Other People Being As Smart As He Is told me he would rather study for a multiple choice and essay-style final exam rather than do the project-style final I assigned. Not sure to what extent that is true and to what extent he is trying to show off to his classmates.
-- One of my most obnoxious students came to class on time, sat down quietly, and not only took notes but also was the only person to complete her homework during the 5 minutes left over at the end of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment