Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome Back, and A New Perspective on Science

Hey there, B&Bers!

Welcome back to a new and exciting year in Ms. Cyanococcus's classroom, er, blog. My new year's resolution is to keep you guys abreast of the crazy goings-on at my high school on a daily basis. I really do appreciate your support, and I want to keep you chuckling through 2011.

That said, one of my students, Sourpuss, forced me to think about science from a bawdier point of view yesterday. We were watching the "Great Plains" episode of Planet Earth in Environmental Science. Most of my students were watching intently. Sourpuss shouted out her question.

Sourpuss: Why is that bird jumping up and down?

Me: He's trying to get a mate to notice him.

Sourpuss returns a blank stare.

Me: He's flirting.

Sourpuss: Oh, okay.

1 comment:

  1. Instead of keeping us guys one of those things, can you keep us both of them?

    ReplyDelete