Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Broken Window

Today's Do Now question was, "Who is the most important person in your life? What can you do to improve your relationship with that person?"

Nucleus, who is normally incredibly disruptive and averse to doing work, asked me to read his Do Now:

I say the most important person in my life is my mom. I say my mom because she is always their [sic] for me and now I have to take care of her. I have to take care of her because my mom has AIDS and I was sad when I found out. I wanted to kill myself. She had AIDS for six years. Every time I am in school I think of her, and hope she is alright at home. That's why my mom is the most important person in my life.

Wow. Just when you think a kid is just plain obnoxious, he open a window into his life and makes you wonder, if only I had known this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment