Friday, December 4, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of Week!

I now understand the true meaning of Friday: peace, relaxation, the absence of the word "Miss" shouted across the room 74 times a day, true friendship, genuine laughter...

In actuality, I did have a good day at school today. Environmental science went well, as always. I love how I can joke around with them and seize teachable moments, knowing that they are mature and will remain attentive and engaged. In environmental, some of my most open, inquisitive minds do not perform well academically, but they never fail to actively contribute to class discussions. It's really wonderful.

My 6th period class was a bit out of control, but, for the first time in about a month, my 7th period class was quiet and focused! I was blown away! Furthermore, nearly the entire class gradually became engaged in the guided practice. 'Twas the stuff teachers dream about.

On the downside, their algebra skills are nonexistent. I asked an algebra teacher about this today, and she shrugged. Oh, the joys of system-wide failure!

Happy Friday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment