Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Help Wanted!

  • What do you do about kids who act all nice to you, but then, when you ask them to stop having a loud conversation in the middle of class, they ignore you and keep talking as though you had said nothing at all?
  • I helped my environmental kids set up gmail addresses. In most cases, this has been a really awesome endeavor... I love seeing my kids show up in my gchat window, because it means they're really using gmail! However, some of my guys took this as an opportunity to pester me with messages like "yo miss what up you look nice" and "miss wat u doing tonight?" Any thoughts on how to handle that?
In other news, 5 more school days until winter break! My poor kids need it so badly... And I finally figured out how to compute arrays on Excel (thanks entirely to Tim)! Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. In reference to the Gchat thing...

    Well, the picture on your g-chat is a very nice one. So, if they say you look nice... i think they're stating the obvious. And, if they're asking you what you're up to tonight... maybe they're just trying to be friendly.

    ... but, I guess I don't know your kids...??? So, i wouldn't know..

    ReplyDelete