Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Blues, Part 2

School was closed yesterday for Veterans Day, meaning teachers and students had a long-awaited day off.

I came to school today feeling refreshed and excited to teach!

But when I walked into my room, I noticed immediately that... I HAD BEEN ROBBED!!

Someone had snuck into my room (and several adjoining rooms) between Wednesday afternoon and this morning. From my belongings, the thieves stole my speakers, the power cord for my projector, and the VGA adapter for my projector. Fortunately, I had locked up the projector itself before I left the building on Wednesday. Thank goodness.

I filed a police report right away. I remained calm, but my students were outraged. Several of them exclaimed, "Miss, this is so unfair. How are we going to learn?"

I've replaced all of my missing supplies at this point. But, wow, what an unpleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment