Monday, January 25, 2010

Some Notes on a Monday

Several things:

1. I wrote two students up for yelling curses at me when I asked them to stop talking and running out of my class. When I brought their pink slips to the dean of discipline, she told me that both girls were totally uncontrollable -- that not even their parents could control them. The dean told me she had no idea what to do with them -- and that I should continue putting up with them for the remainder of the year. Even at the expense of the education of the rest of the class, I asked? Yes, she said.

2. Faculty meeting blah blah blah

3. I love working in my school. I really do. But it sucks planning labs and realizing I don't have even the most basic chemicals and lab supplies. I'm limited to whatever I can buy at the local grocery store. Yay creativity?

And yes, I realize that soda was probably a poor way to illustrate anaerobic respiration. I promise better labs and demonstrations next year. If you have any suggestions/ideas, please share! I'm open to anything and everything!

2 comments:

  1. let me know if there is anything that I can steal for you ...

    between now, and the next few months, i'm sure that I can steal enough without it being noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim! I will definitely take you up on that! Will you be driving? Would you have room for big things from the MDL?

    ReplyDelete